Oregon Adventure, Education + Counseling
Dan has worked in the Wilderness Therapy and Therapeutic School Industry for over 10 years. He has developed and run adventure programs and most recently was the School Director for Santiam Crossing a Boarding School in Scio, Oregon. Dan is a Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor, a Swiftwater Rescue Technition, and a ACA Kayak Instructor. Dan Studied at Cornell University and did Post Baccalaureate Studies at the University of Oregon. Dan loves the outdoors, especially the California North Coast upward to Oregon. In his off time he loves to rock climb, run canyoneering expeditions, and surf.
We provide youth with opportunities for growth using the following resources and services:
- Skills based development of a strong sense of competency/mastery
- Coaching focused on building critical thinking skills, problem solving and an empowered sense of accountability.
- Clinical experience and supervision to address ongoing or developing challenges (substance abuse, mental health, relational and behavioral issues) including availability to interface with other professionals (counselors, physicians etc.) to create a support team.
- Structured exposure to experiences that foster reflection, a greater capacity for appreciation and empathy, improved coping skills and greater communication abilities.
- An opportunity for youth to explore who they really are and who they want to be, how they want to live.
Some example activities include:
- Mountain Biking
- Primitive Skills
- Service Work
Amy Cirincione LCSW, CADC I
Amy is the supervising therapist for Oregon Adventure, Eudcation, and Counseling. She has led trainings on Wilderness Therapy, Secondary and Vicarious Trauma, Anxiety Disorders, Individual and Group Counseling Skills, Drug and Alcohol Treatment, Internet Addictions, and Suicide Assessment & Prevention. Amy is also the Director of Social Services for Hospice of Humboldt. Previously Amy was an staff member of Outward Bound as well as a Field Therapist, Coordinating Therapist, and later Clinical Director of Catherine Freer Wilderness Therapy Programs in Albany, OR.
North Coast Adventure Centers is a Leave No Trace Guide|Outfitter Partner. NCAC promotes conscious recreation and the active stewardship of our public lands. Instructors: The Recreation Division has brought together a great group of outdoor professionals. North Coast Adventure Centers & the City of Corvallis have some of the best CPR|First Aid certified activity experts around.
Please complete the "Program Request" below if you would like a custom program.